Sewing for Beginners
Your relationship with your sewing machine in its infancy, or become a little rusty?
Gain confidence with easy cures for common sewing machine troubles.
This is an introductory course to the basics of sewing on a domestic sewing machine.
You will learn how to set up a machine, use different stitches and feet, basic care, maintenance and trouble-shooting.
Once the basics are mastered, you'll get the opportunity to try out different seam types and simple construction to make your own simple project (such as a cushion or tote bag).
Classes run for 3 sessions over 3 weeks, on either a Friday morning from 10-12, or a Thursday evening from 6-8. See calendar or event booking page for next dates.
What You'll Need:
- You're welcome to bring along your own sewing machine if you have one, or you can use one of our friendly resident machines.
- A bit of patience and courage.
- No previous sewing experience required, but if you do we'll certainly build on what you know.
- All materials provided (Fabrics, scissors, cotton, tweezers, oil etc)
- Use of sewing machines if needed.
- Chance to meet and get to know like-minded caring creatives.
- Light refreshments provided.