Tailoring and Pattern Making Classes
Build your sewing skills and learn to tailor clothes for a perfect personal fit!
This 10 week course will enable you to adapt, remodel, or sew your own clothes. Whether you dream of making your own vintage costume, creating a trouser pattern for pants that really fit, or have a wardrobe full of clothes that were bought for a different body shape... This class will provide you with the tools and expert tricks to wear your style your way.
For those who are keen on flat pattern making, this class will give you the chance to create your own custom 'blocks' and develop your own unique designs.
- 20 hours of tuition (2 hours/week)
- Access to sewing machines and equipment (or bring your own)
- Knowledge of adapting commercial patterns, drafting patterns from garments, or creating your own custom blocks from your measurements.
- Sewing and tailoring skills you can translate to other sewing projects
- Tea and coffee and access to kitchen facilities (welcome to bring snakes/dinner!)
- Access to ‘catch up’ sessions if any Tuesday evenings are missed
- Photo of you looking gorgeous in your finished garment
- Access to our ‘swap shop’ of fabrics and notions, as well as our pattern library and much more
- Great relaxed small-group environment and chance to get to know other like-minded people!
What You'll Need:
- Basic level of sewing experience. (Intermediate and Advanced sewists also very welcome). Do contact us if you're unsure if this will be right for you.
- For week 3 onward, you will need fabric in your choice of knit or weave (we can assist you with selection)